Today we are featuring an awesome & very talented chef & blogger who runs the site lifesambrosia.com. Des always has great recipes with eye popping photos of the food. She came up with this Cajun Fried Green Tomato BLT using our Bayou Black rub & seasoning. To check out the recipe in more detail, head over to her site.
FOLLOW HER RECIPE AND WE KNOW YOU’LL BE SATISFIED!
- Cook bacon until browned and cooked through. Reserve pan drippings.
- While bacon is cooking set up an assembly line to prepare the tomatoes. Place flour on one plate. Whisk together milk and egg in a bowl. Combine panko bread crumbs, granulated garlic and salt together on another plate.
- Dredge the tomatoes in the flour, dip in the milk/egg mixture and then dredge in the panko bread crumbs. Continue until all tomatoes are coated.
- Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate and loosely cover to keep warm.
- Heat reserved pan drippings over medium heat. Fry tomatoes, in batches if necessary, until golden brown about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle lightly with salt. Repeat until all tomatoes are fried.
- Turn on oven broiler and toast hoagie rolls.
- Make the Cajun mayonnaise by whisking together Cajun seasoning and mayonnaise.
- To assemble the sandwiches: Spread cajun seasoning on the toasted hoagie rolls, lay 2 – 3 fried green tomatoes on the bottom of the hoagie roll, top with bacon and lettuce. Repeat until 4 sandwiches are made. Serve immediately.