Today we are featuring a very talented chef & blogger who runs the site streetandspice.com. Sheridan has great recipes as well as hilarious comments. She should be creating our product names & cool descriptions… she’s way better than we are! Sheridan came up with this Jerk Scallops plate using our Jamaican Jerk rub & seasoning. To check out the recipe in more detail, head over to her site.
FOLLOW HER RECIPE AND WE KNOW YOU’LL BE SATISFIED!
INGREDIENTS: (1-2 SERVINGS)
- 5-1o Scallops.
- 1 bunch of Asparagus (fresh).
- 1 whole Plantain.
- 1 can of red beans.
- Brown Rice (I used 2 cups, cooked).
- 1/4 red onion (chopped and sautéed).
- Fresh chopped parsley (garnish).
- SPICES: “I’m a Jerk” by @legionofspice seasoning, seasoning salt, garlic salt, paprika, fresh ground pepper, red pepper flakes, shredded coconut, EVOO.
- Start by cooking your rice and boil it with you 1/4 red onion in the water.
- While your rice is cooking, marinate your scallops with “I’m A Jerk” rub and seasoning.
- In a hot sauté pan lined with EVOO, place your scallops, flipping them over to sear, and lock in the flavor.
- In another pan/pot with low water and boiled high temp, steam your asparagus.
- In another frying pan, heat EVOO to high heat. Drop in your sliced plantains and deep fry. Flip them a few times sprinkling in garlic salt to season them lightly. The sweet and garlic make a GREAT compliment, trust! Once done, remove them from the oil and drop them in a bowl lined with a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Once your rice is done (or
- Heated up), add in your strained red beans and add: red pepper flakes, black pepper, seasoning salt, and a few pinches of “I’m A Jerk” seasoning to kick it up! Stir occasionally to mix all ingredients together and lock in the flavors.
- Add a little bit of water to your scallops and cover with a lid to steam them out and finish them to buttery soft perfection.
- Time to plate and enjoy!