Cajun Shrimp with Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce – The easiest weeknight meal with a homemade cream sauce that tastes a million times better than store-bought!
- 1 lb Shrimp, medium
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Oregano, dried
- 2 tbsp Parsley, fresh leaves
- 1/2 tsp Thyme, dried
Pasta & Grains
- 8 oz Fettuccine
Baking & Spices
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Legion of Spice Bayou Black
Oils & Vinegars
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup Half and half
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Place shrimp in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil, garlic and cajun seasoning. Gently toss to combine.
- Place into oven and roast just until pink, firm and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk, thyme and oregano. Cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in half and half and Parmesan until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in pasta and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately with cajun shrimp, garnished with parsley, if desired.